Your Logo Goes Here
Your Fully Branded Digital Publishing Platform
FLOYD MAYWEATHER JR
24 February 1977
Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
Pretty Boy & Money
Super Featherweight (130lbs) -Light Middleweight (154lbs)
5’ 8” / 173cm
72″ / 183cm
• National Amateur Golden Gloves Champion 1993, 1994 and 1996
• 1996 Olympic Bronze Medallist
• Eight Time World Champion in Five Different Weight Classes
• Lineal Championship in Three Different Weight Classes
• The Ring 1998 & 2007 Fighter of the Year
• Best Fighter ESPY Award 2007, 2008, 2010 and 2012
• Regarded as the Number One Best Pound-for-Pound Fighter in the World
• Forbes and Sports Illustrated Fortune 50 of the World’s Highest-Paid Athletes of 2012
• Defensive Skills – Shoulder Roll
• Ring Intelligence
Floyd Mayweather Jr is a pure boxer who has excellent all round skills. Regarded as one of the greatest defensive fighters of all time, he has rarely ever been hit cleanly during a fight. This is due to his almost perfect defensive stance, quick reflexes and movement.
The tremendous counter-punching abilities that Mayweather possesses minimizes his opponents punch output. A highly skilled technician, Mayweather’s ring IQ is remarkable. He rarely loses rounds, and is able to neutralise any advantages his opponents may have him.
No matter how superb he is, Mayweather has his critics too. He has been criticized for hand picking opponents, although he’s faced many great fighters and is still undefeated. A showdown with another all-time great and arch rival Manny Pacquiao has yet to materialize, but is almost guaranteed to be the biggest fight in boxing history.
Both sides has been criticized for preventing the fight by using different reasons and excuses. Mayweather’s trash talking and behaviour outside the ring has invited much hatred but has also made him the highest paid boxer who has smashed all-time PPV records.
Known for his hard work and dedication to his trade, Mayweather has a rigorous training routine.
• Prefers to train in the early hours of the morning around 3AM in his hometown of Las Vegas.
• Mayweather performs workouts blindfolded to improve co-ordination and balance.
• Mastered a variety of rope skipping techniques which gives him his excellent footwork.
• Trainer and uncle Roger provides quick reflexed based pad work which specifically focuses on speed and accuracy as opposed strength and power.
Floyd Mayweather Jr has had injury problems concerning his hands in the past, so he’s very careful when hitting heavy bags. He relies on other departments to win fights rather than power. His conditioning is second to none and he always stays in shape even when he’s not preparing for a fight.