Your Logo Goes Here
Your Fully Branded Digital Publishing Platform
Our services at a glance
Service as normal
Services with some changes
All repairs, safety checks and maintenance works
Flytipping removal and clearances
Outdoor environmental services
Laundries remain open
Outdoor playgrounds remain open
The Beacon is open to the public
Community rooms are open
Any routine in person home visits can take place
Community activites with face coverings and reduced social contact
Housing, Leasehold and Income Officer visits
Beacon café is fully open
Allocations, lettings, mutual exchanges and sales continue
Resident-led events can go ahead with measures in place
Communal lounges in sheltered housing schemes are open with some restrictions in place
Our City Centre shop is available by appointment
Plumer House is open with restrictions in place
CONNECTING LOCAL PEOPLE WITH SKILLS, TRAINING, EDUCATION, JOBS AND CAREERS IN HEALTH AND CARE
Health and Care is Plymouth’s fastest growing sector, currently employing 16,500 full time equivalent jobs which is 15.5% of Plymouth’s overall employment. The city offers a huge range of career pathways with 100s of jobs available today – both clinical and non-clinical, where local people can make a massive difference to someone’s life.
Looking for a job with hours to suit you?
Want to make a difference to the lives of others?
If you’re passionate about helping people, joining the Health and Care sector can be one of the most rewarding and fulfilling job choices there is and whatever your skill set, there is a career path to suit you. You don’t necessarily need qualifications or previous work experience. What’s important are your core skills and values, and your attitude towards working with people who need care.
The city is working together to recruit an army of care assistants, domiciliary care assistants and support workers to boost frontline care services. There are also a wide range of opportunities for cleaners, chefs, catering assistants, security staff, administration staff, gardeners, porters and other support roles.
Interested in joining the health and care sector, Skills Launchpad Plymouth offers you FREE:
• access to impartial careers information, advice and guidance
• a1:1 face to face skills assessment to identify your transferrable skills and values based behaviours to help you more confidently apply for jobs in health and care
• help to job search and prepare for interview in a health care setting, with introductions to local employers
• the opportunity to gain entry level health and care skills to build confidence
• work experience and volunteering opportunities
• advice to overcome barriers to starting work including access to financial support for work clothing, initial travel to work costs as well as guidance on benefits calculations
• access to ongoing training and skills development once you get started to continue up-skilling and developing your career in health and care